I’m a designer, engineer, researcher, and educator, currently based in Gothenburg, Sweden.
I lead a creative studio called WEATHERLIGHT which integrates design, engineering, research, and media production.
I produce Design Disciplin – a video podcast and website with academic-grade expertise in design.
I hold a creative research residency at Qualisys, where I develop tools and resources for engineering and creativity with motion capture technology.
I teach design at IT-Högskolan.
In the past I have:
- Developed a research program on Digital Preciousness – designing valuable and enduring digital products – secured $500k+ funding, and built a team at KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm to carry it out.
- Developed a research program on Social Drones – interactive autonomous drones flying in our homes and social spaces – bringing together design, engineering, and social sciences, secured $1.5M+ funding, and built a team at Chalmers University of Technology in Gothenburg to carry it out.
- Got my PhD in Design, Technology & Society, based on a collection of projects on interactive drones, augmented reality, blockchain-backed digital assets, electronic music, and design education, funded by an EU MSCA fellowship.
- Built the Research Center for Creative Industries at Koç University in Istanbul – a first-of-its-kind institution in Turkey focusing on design, technology, and creativity. We secured a $2M+ startup grant from the consumer electronics giant Arçelik and turned it into a self-sustaining organization employing 4 faculty and their teams.
- Joined the inaugural research team at the first Design Lab in Turkey at Koç University, where I received the first graduate degree from their innovative Design, Technology & Society program based on my work developing design and programming tools for gestural interfaces.
- Worked as a freelance designer, developer, and consultant, building web applications and IT infrastructure for clients ranging academia, non-profits, heavy industry, professional services.
- Studied mechanical engineering and economics at Koç University in Istanbul.